Sport and Recreation's response to COVID-19
Stay up to date with everything going on with Sport and Rec in light of Covid-19.
As of Wednesday 12 August, Auckland is at Alert Level 3, meaning restrictions are in place.
Page last updated Thursday 20 August.
Rec Centre update
Due to the Government's recent announcement that we will stay in Alert Level 3 for another 2 weeks, we have, like many other businesses, had to temporarily close our facilities. We will remain closed
until the alert levels are reduced and the Government deems it safe for us to reopen once again.
Although the Rec Centre is physically closed we still have a range of live classes available online for you to join. You can find the group fitness class schedule here.
We miss you all already and hope that you are staying safe, staying healthy and staying home!
All direct debit memberships have been suspended automatically. No charges for direct debit memberships will be made until further notice. You do not need to do anything.
All paid in full memberships will be extended for the period of time where our service is affected, you also do not need to do anything to action this.
In line with the latest Vice Chancellor's update, the University will remain in remote learning mode until the mid-semester break, with on-campus teaching resuming on Monday 21 September. The Recreation Centre will look to reopen before this, if alert levels allow. Should you wish to suspend your membership for longer as you are remaining off campus, please contact us.
If you have any specific questions about your membership, please touch base with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information to come based on the next Government announcement.
Interfaculty Volleyball is postponed. New date is still TBC.
All other Interfaculty tournaments are still scheduled to go ahead, however these will be determined by the next Government annoucement. Stay tuned.
The Inter-Res Basketball tournament will be postponed due to the current Covid-19 Alert Level. New date TBC.
At this stage all Tertiary tournaments are still going ahead. These will however depend on what alert level we are at at the time.
All sailing courses are currently on pause and will be postponed. New dates to be confirmed at a later date.