Contact University Health and Counselling Service
Get in touch with our friendly staff on all our campuses.
- The University provides Health and Counselling services across all of its Auckland campuses.
- The centres vary in their hours of operation.
- The main Health and Counselling service is based at the City Campus.
We are located in the Kate Edger Information Commons, on the University's City Campus.
For information about services at Epsom, Grafton, and Tāmaki Campuses, call our main centre.
University Health and Counselling
Level 3, Kate Edger Information Commons
2 Alfred Street
University Health and Counselling
Private Bag 92019
Opening hours: 8.30am to 6pm (Monday to Thursday), 8.30am to 5pm (Friday).
Note: We open at 10.30am on the first Tuesday of the month due to staff meetings.
For after-hours services, call 09 923 7681.
Phone: +64 9 923 7681
Fax: 09 373 7501
Note: Counselling is not a drop-in service on any of our campuses.
Epsom, Grafton, Tamaki and Tai Tokerau campus
These clinics have variable opening hours throughout the semester, and occasionally close during holidays.
To confirm opening hours, call 09 923 7681.
To find out about counselling at Tai Tokerau campus through Family Works, call 09 437 6729.
Building 6ERGate 4, 60 Epsom Ave
Building 505Rm 325, Level 3
85 Park Rd
- Health staff (GP and nurse) available Monday and Thursday 9-1pm in school term time.
- Counsellor available Monday, Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday and Thursday 9-5pm (Pacific counsellor available on Wednesday and Thursday).
For routine appointments, book online: auckland.ac.nz/counselling.
For an urgent or academic slot, call 09 923 7681.
In an emergency, call Mental Health Crisis on 0800 800 717.
Standard opening hours at the Grafton campus clinic are 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday:
- Nurse available between 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Doctor available 10.00am between and 4.00pm.
- Counselling appointments available at 9.30am to 3.30pm Wednesday, and 9.00am to 3.00pm Thursday. Book online as above or call 09 923 7681 for a duty or academic slot.
Counselling at Tamaki is by appointment only. To register, visit auckland.ac.nz/counselling.
Tai Tokerau Campus
- The University offers free counseling services to students through Family Works.
- To arrange an appointment, please contact Family Works and indicate you are a University of Auckland student.
- You will need to show your student ID card at your appointment.
Family Works Northern – Genesis Centre
Phone: 09 437 6729
Address: 16 Mair Street, Whangarei.
A registered nurse is available by phone throughout the night, including weekends, public holidays, and at any time our clinic is closed.
Phone: 09 923 7681.
Health Providers close to the University
Quay Med Primary Health Care and Accident and Emergency Centre
68 Beach Rd, Auckland Central (near the railway campus)
Phone: 919 2555.
CityMed Medical Centre
Corner Albert St and Mills Lane, Auckland Central.
Phone: 377 5525.
Symonds Street Medical Centre
57 Symonds Street, Grafton.
Phone: 309 9577.
Auckland Metro Doctors
17 Emily Place, Auckland CBD.
Phone 0508 306306 or 373 4621.
UHCS is committed to providing a student-focussed service to enhance wellbeing and optimise academic success. Raising your concerns helps us to improve our service.
How to complain
If you are concerned about any aspect of the service you received we encourage you to take your concerns to the staff member concerned, either by talking to them or by writing to them (letter by post, email, fax).
If you are not satisfied with their response, or feel you can not address your concerns with them, you can speak with or write to the UHCS Practice Manager, using the UHCS contact details above.
Once your complaint has been received by us, we will confirm this within 5 working days. Your complaint will then be investigated and we will let you know within 10 working days whether your complaint is justified/ substantiated and what resolution has been made. If more time is required to investigate, you will be advised and updated on the progress.