Postgraduate research funding
You can seek funding for your research projects through a variety of avenues besides the PReSS account.
University-sponsored research funding: Speak to your postgraduate adviser or research supervisor.
Externally-sponsored research funding: This is managed according to the type of funding agency.
- Commercial research is administered by UniServices Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the University.
- Public domain research is administered by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), supported by the Research Committee and the Research Office.
Research is deemed commercial if it is funded by a sponsor who is the end user of the results, and who expects sole access to the results for a defined period of time.
Examples include companies, government departments and Crown Research Institutes.
Public domain research
All other research is considered to be in the public domain, and is defined as such.
Examples include the Ministry of Research, Science and Technology, and most foundations, trusts, and charities.
49 Symonds Street
Current funding rounds
You can download coversheets for research funding applications:
Major external funding bodies
- Alcohol Advisory Council of New Zealand (ALAC)
- Auckland Medical Research Foundation
- Cancer Society
- Cancer Society - Auckland Division
- Child Health Research Foundation - Cot Death (CureKids)
- Foundation for Research, Science & Technology (FRST)
- Health Research Council
- Heart Foundation
- Lottery Grants
- Neurological Foundation
- The Law Foundation
- The Maurice and Phyllis Paykel Trust
- The Royal Society of New Zealand