Why provide workplace experience
Discover the benefits of connecting your organisation with our student talent pool.
Building a future workforce
Connect and engage with our students: high-calibre, hard-working, dedicated young people who are driven towards academic achievement and work success.
Linking your organisation with this talent pool is a smart way to develop networks for future vacancies while raising your organisation’s profile among future work seekers.
Collaborate with us at the CDES team - we support students to connect with employers and begin to understand where they fit into the world of work, identify opportunities and become work-ready. We can advise and support you to communicate with students who may become your future employees.
We work with organisations to make gaining workplace experience as easy and seamless as possible for both you and our students.
What are the benefits for employers?
Offering students opportunities to gain workplace experience through your organisation pays dividends to everyone involved. When you connect with students, you get a window into the lives, skills, and personalities of your next wave of hires.
- Accessing an additional resource for projects
- Tapping into expertise you may not already have in your team
- A strengthened organiation through the skills and knowledge of talented students
- A positive brand image
- Fresh eyes, new ideas and perspective
- Dispelling misconceptions students may have about the breadth of your organisation/industry, and the types of students you hire – “Banks only hire Finance grads, right?”
- Developing advocates of your organisation
- Building your brand on campus through showcasing your industry and building interest in potential future career paths
- Building a talent pipeline of potential future hires
How CDES can support your organisation
CDES has the expertise and the motivated staff to support employers who would like to engage our students in relevant work-related experiences. We can help you to tailor a programme that best suits your organisation with our innovative strategies.
We know that the working world is changing at a rapid pace, and employees now work in much more diverse roles and workplaces than ever before. That’s why we work hard to ensure that our students are equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to compete successfully in a global economy, and to develop the right tools and understandings to improve their employability.
Whether it's listing your job and internship opportunities on our MyCDES job board, creating internship or work experience programmes, career expos and recruitment events, or other forms of engagement, the CDES team can help you achieve your goals. Browse our site and contact us for more information.