Why provide workplace experience
Discover the benefits of connecting your organisation with our student talent pool.
Building a Future Workforce
Connect and engage with our students: high-calibre, hard-working, dedicated young people who are driven towards academic achievement and future work success.
Linking your organisation with this talent pool is a smart way to develop networks for future vacancies you may have, while raising your organisation’s profile and reputation among future work seekers.
Collaborate with us at the Career Development and Employability Services (CDES) team - we support students to connect with employers and begin to understand where they fit into the world of work, identify opportunities and become work-ready. We can advise and support you to communicate with students who may become your future employees.
We work with organisations to make gaining workplace experience as easy and seamless as possible for both you and our students.
What are the benefits for employers?
Offering students opportunities to gain workplace experience through your organisation pays dividends to everyone involved. When you connect with students, you get a window into the lives, skills, and personalities of your next wave of hires.
- Accessing an additional resource for projects
- Tapping into expertise you may not already have in your team
- A strengthened organiation through the skills and knowledge of talented students
- A positive brand image
- Fresh eyes, new ideas and perspective
- Dispelling misconceptions students may have about the breadth of your organisation/industry, and the types of students you hire – “Banks only hire Finance grads, right?”
- Developing advocates of your organisation
- Building your brand on campus through showcasing your industry and building interest in potential future career paths
- Building a talent pipeline of potential future hires