Undergraduate study in Communication in Leadership
The Bachelor of Communication will be offered for the first time in Semester One 2022.
What you can study in Communication in Leadership
You will investigate the fundamental role of communication in leadership through key theories and concepts, the diverse contexts in which leadership operates, and different practices of leadership around the world.
You will also explore principles and practices of inclusive leadership and communication, the spread of misinformation, public engagement and communication in light of public health emergencies and disasters.
Structuring your major in Communication in Leadership
Communication in Leadership is a major in the Bachelor of Communication. You will need to pass at least 135 points (nine courses) towards the major.
You must pass the following courses as part of your major:
- Three courses: COMMS 105, 214, 319
- One course from: COMMS 104, GENDER 101
- Two courses from: COMMS 200, 213, INNOVENT 203, MGMT 223
- Three courses from: COMMS 314, MGMT 304, 314, SOCIOL 335
You also need to pass the following core courses for your Bachelor of
- Three courses: COMMS 100, 101, PHIL 104
- One course from: DRAMA 100, LINGUIST 100, 101, SCIGEN 101
- Two courses: COMMS 207, 210
- Two courses from: COMMS 307, 311, 320, 322
Explore the undergraduate courses you can take. Most students take Stage I courses in their first year, Stage II in their second and Stage III in their third.
Scholarships and awards
Help and advice
For help with planning your degree and enrolling in your courses, please contact the Arts Students' Centre.
If you would like to find out more about studying Communication, you can contact our Undergraduate Adviser.