Undergraduate study in Communication in Leadership
*We’re planning to launch the Bachelor of Communication in 2022, however the programme is currently going through regulatory approval and details may change.
What you can study in Communication in Leadership
You will investigate the fundamental role of communication in leadership through key theories and concepts, the diverse contexts in which leaderships operates, and different practices of leadership around the world.
You will also explore principles and practices of inclusive leadership and communication, the spread of misinformation, public engagement and communication in light of public health emergencies and disasters.
Structuring your major in Communication in Leadership
Communication in Leadership is a major in the Bachelor of Communication.*
You will complete core courses in Communication in Leadership and in Communication more broadly. You will also complete one module, two General Education courses, and one Elective course.
Stage I courses
- COMMS 100 Communication, Technology and Culture
- COMMS 101 Understanding Communication in Māori and Pacific Worlds
- COMMS 105 Introduction to Communication and Leadership
- PHIL 104 Ethics and Justice
Stage II courses
- COMMS 210 Practicing Communication in Māori and Pacific Worlds
- COMMS 214 Communication and Inclusive Leadership
- COMMS 227 Communication Research Methods
Stage III courses
- COMMS 319 Communication Strategies in the Workplace
The full course selection for the Bachelor of Communication will be available by October 2021.
Scholarships and awards
Help and advice
For help with planning your degree and enrolling in your courses, please contact the Arts Students' Centre.
If you would like to find out more about studying Communication, you can contact our Undergraduate Adviser.