Postgraduate study in Finance
You can study Finance in three postgraduate programmes offered at the Business School.
What can you study in Finance?
Postgraduate study with us will prepare you for senior or specialised career roles such as chief financial officer, corporate adviser or valuer, multinational funds manager and portfolio manager. An academic career specialising in finance is also an option.
- Research Methods in Finance
- Governance Issues in Finance
- Empirical Finance
- Modern Corporate Finance
- Portfolio Theory and Investment Analysis
- Risk Management
- Various special topics
Explore Finance courses
- Admission to the BCom(Hons) is by invitation only and is based on superior grades. Please note that invited students still need to apply. Prerequisites are a major in Finance and MATHS 208 or STATS 208 or equivalent courses as approved by the Head of Department
- The MCom may be taken as a 12 or 15-month programme (180 points), or as the second year following BCom(Hons). Prerequisites are a major in Finance including MATHS 208 or STATS 208 or equivalent courses as approved by the Head of Department
- To gain entry to the MMgt you must have completed a BCom or a non-business degree in a relevant discipline such as arts, engineering, technology or science. You will need a GPA of 5.0 in 90 points in the most advanced courses taken in your qualification
Scholarships and awards
Each year we award scholarships and prizes to thousands of students.
Find out about the scholarships you may be eligible for, search available scholarships or begin an application by visiting Scholarships and awards.