The Postgraduate Certificate in Business Analytics (PGCertBusAn) will develop your knowledge and skills to enable you to investigate business challenges and then source, manipulate and analyse data to address issues, and inform the development of business strategies.
It will equip you for entry into or in advancing a career as a business analytics professional in local and global business.
The PGCertBusAn is an alternative pathway for domestic graduates who are initially uncertain about committing to a masters programme, and for those who do not achieve the required GPA for direct entry to the Business Analytics (MBusAn).
Courses passed for the postgraduate certificate can be reassigned to the 180-point MBusAn provided you meet the minimum GPA entry requirement and the postgraduate certificate has not been awarded.
The PGCertBusAn will also serve as an additional exit qualification from the MBusAn for students who are unable to complete the requirements for progression to the advanced courses.
Taught: 60 points
60 points from:
- BUSINFO 700 Analysis of Business Problems
- BUSINFO 701 Business Analytics Tools
- BUSINFO 702 Information Management
- BUSINFO 703 Data Visualisation for Business
- BUSINFO 704 Predictive Business Analytics
- BUSINFO 705 Decision Analytics
- BUSINFO 706 Customer and Market Insights
- BUSINFO 708 Supply Chain Optimisation
Planning your study
For further advice speak to one of our programme advisers at your nearest Student Hub.
You'll also need to meet other requirements, including time limits and total points limits. See Postgraduate enrolment.
2024 entry requirements
To be eligible to apply for admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Business Analytics you must have:
- Completed a relevant bachelor degree from this University with a GPA of 4.0 or higher in the most advanced 90 points, or the equivalent from another tertiary institution with a GPE of 4.0.
- OR completed a relevant bachelor honours degree from this University, or the equivalent from another tertiary institution.
- Completed STATS 108 Statistics for Commerce, or equivalent.
- You can also gain entry if you have completed the Postgraduate Diploma in Business in Administration or Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management from this University with a GPA of 4.0 or higher, or the equivalent from another tertiary institution with a GPE of 4.0 or higher. In addition you must have completed STATS 108, BUSADMIN 763 or BUSMAN 707 or the equivalent.
Note: A relevant degree may be in business, engineering, social sciences, sciences or technology.
This programme is open to domestic students only. International students should apply for the Master of Business Analytics.
Further programme requirements
How much does a Postgraduate Certificate in Business Analytics cost per year?
- Domestic students
Fees are set in advance of each calendar year and will be updated on this website. Fees are inclusive of 15% GST, but do not include the Student Services Fee, course books, travel and health insurance, or living costs. Amounts shown are indicative only. In addition to the tuition fees, there is a Student Services Fee of per point, estimated at for full-time study (60 points). Fees will be confirmed upon completion of enrolment into courses.
*Please note: amounts shown are indicative and estimates only.
Find out about the scholarships you may be eligible for.
Are you a New Zealand citizen or resident? You could be eligible for a student loan or allowance.
Get an idea of how much accommodation and general living in Auckland will cost.
Please note: We will consider late applications if places are still available. International students should start the application process as early as possible to allow sufficient time to apply for a visa.
Here are the start dates for the programme.
Other important dates
See important dates for the academic year, including orientation, enrolment, study breaks, exams, and graduation.
Where could this programme take you?
This programme will equip you for entry into a career as a business analytics professional in local and global business.
Student career planning service
Once you become a student at the University, you can get help with planning and developing your career from Career Development and Employability Services.
Our Business School ASB Careers Centre will help get your career in business off to a strong start. You can access programmes, workshops and one-on-one support. You will be given opportunities to network with employers to increase your knowledge of the local business environment. Visit the Business School ASB Careers Centre.