Bachelor of Science, majoring in Statistics, for students enrolled prior to 2019
If you are enrolling for the first time this year, visit:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Statistics
- Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) specialising in Statistics.
Some courses offered prior to 2019 may no longer be available. If you began your degree prior to 2019 we strongly recommend you seek advice from the Science Student Centre to ensure you are taking the correct courses – firstname.lastname@example.org
First or single major must include:
Second major must include:
- 45 points from:
Stage I courses
When planning your enrolment in Statistics courses, it is important to be aware of the following:
- You may take only one of the equivalent courses between STATS 101 or 108. To advance to Stage II Data Analysis, you must take either STATS 101 or 108.
- You may take STATS 125 and/or STATS 150 regardless of the other courses you are doing.
- STATS 125 is a prerequisite for STATS 210 (Statistical Theory), so it must be taken prior to enrolling in STATS 210.
- Students planning to do a masters in Statistics must take STATS 210.
- Students should take MATHS 108 (or an equivalent course) in your first year, as you will need to take MATHS 208, 250 or equivalent (for which MATHS 108 is a prerequisite) at the same time as STATS 210.
Doing a double major with Statistics
Statistics complements all other Science majors.