Bachelor of Arts - majoring in Statistics
Structuring your major in Statistics
You can take a major in Statistics as one of your two BA majors (a double major). Complementary BA majors with Statistics could be Sociology or Politics and International Relations. If you wanted to add another dimension to your studies, you could choose your second major from any other BA subject, such as History or Media, Film and Television.
You will need to pass at least 120 points (eight courses) towards each of your majors, including at least 45 points (three courses) at Stage III.
You must pass the following courses as part of the Statistics major:
- One course from STATS 101-125
- An additional course from STATS 101-150
- One course from STATS 201, 208, 210, 225
- An additional two courses from MATHS 208 or 250, STATS 201–255
- One course from STATS 310, 325, 330, 380
- An additional two courses from ENGSCI 391, STATS 301–380
Help and advice for Bachelor of Arts students
For help with planning your degree and enrolling in your courses, please contact the Arts Students' Centre.