What is a safe, inclusive and equitable University?
The office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor Equity leads the University's commitment to providing a safe, inclusive and equitable place to study and work.
Everyone has the right to be free from discrimination and achieve their potential.
We support our students and staff through equity and diversity initiatives, resources, policies and programmes that are embedded across the University.
A safe, inclusive and equitable University means that:
- We value all our students and staff.
- We respect difference.
- We celebrate diverse communities.
- We are committed to addressing bullying, harassment and discrimination.
- We take concerns about the study and work environment seriously.
- It's OK to ask for help and support.
- It's safe to disclose issues that may affect study or work.
- We are committed to balancing the rights and responsibilities of free speech, academic freedom, human rights and health, safety and wellbeing.
Staff and student complaint and resolution processes
Training for staff and students
Online training modules are available to help build general knowledge around what constitutes bullying, harassment and discrimination, as well as give options for support, advice and action.
All new students are directly enrolled in online training. For existing students who haven't and would like to complete the training please email Wellbeing@auckland.ac.nz to request access.
Staff are encouraged to undertake online training and workshops on bullying, harassment and discrimination, and unconscious bias. Enrol via career tools.
Support for students and staff
- University Health and Counselling service (for students)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) (for staff - free and confidential)
Further information about how the University aims to be a safe, inclusive and equitable place to study and work:
These apply for all University of Auckland Accomodation. By signing a residential agreement with the University, you are agreeing to all rules for the full residential period.
Read the rules for Flats and Apartments and Halls of Residence.
Logo for electronic signatures
Equity - Safe, inclusive and equitable. Size: 59.0 kB.
Document Description: Logo for e-signatures