A safe, inclusive and equitable University
Equity is fairness and justice. The Equity Office leads the University of Auckland's commitment to be a safe, inclusive and equitable place to study and work.
Everyone has the right to be free from discrimination and achieve their potential.
We support our students and staff through equity initiatives, resources, policies and programmes that are embedded across the University.
A safe, inclusive and equitable University means that:
- We value all our students and staff.
- We respect difference.
- We celebrate diverse communities.
- We are committed to addressing bullying, harassment and discrimination.
- We take concerns about the study and work environment seriously.
- It's OK to ask for help and support.
- It's safe to disclose issues that may affect study or work.
- We are committed to balancing the rights and responsibilities of free speech, academic freedom, human rights and health, safety and wellbeing.
Staff and Student complaint and resolution processes
Support for students and staff
- University Health and Counselling service (for students)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) (for staff - free and confidential)
Further information about how the University aims to be a safe, inclusive and equitable place to study and work:
These apply for all University of Auckland Accomodation. By signing a residential agreement with the University, you are agreeing to all rules for the full residential period.