Resources for rainbow staff
Resources to make University life easier for LGBTQITakatāpuiMVPFAFF+ staff
- Any academic or professional staff who identify as queer and/or gender diverse can attend meetings of the University’s LGBTQITakatāpuiMVPFAFF+ Network.
- All members of the University have responsibilities for upholding Bullying, harassment and discrimination policy and procedures. All staff are encouraged to complete the online training on Career Tools and follow up with participation in a workshop.
- Support is available for staff who are transitioning or decide to transition during their employment. See Gender transitioning at work guidelines.
- To learn about gender diversity, so you can contribute to creating a safe, inclusive and equitable University, see Trans and gender-diverse students and staff.
- Check your Personal Profile is up to date. Gender may be recorded as Male (M), Female (Female) or Diverse (X).
- You may wish to join Trans on Campus, a support network, social group and advocacy group for gender-diverse students and staff. Email email@example.com
- To find out about support for trans and gender-diverse students' legal name changes, and about University's guidelines for inclusion in sport and recreation. See Trans and gender-diverse students and staff.
- Locate the city and Epsom campuses' gender-neutral toilets.
- The Equity Policy opposes discrimination including on the grounds of sexual orientation or gender identity. The policy highlights the University’s commitment to being safe, inclusive and equitable.
- Check out Equity information for staff, including links to policies for carers, mature age staff and gender-based harassment.
- If you need a document certified, contact a Justice of the Peace.
- There are various providers of English Language Support.
- Prayer rooms and chapels are among types of University spiritual support.
- The University’s Equity Office Te Ara Tautika is here to help. The office is committed to ensure the University is safe, inclusive and equitable. See Equity at the University.
- Workplace assistance is available for staff with disabilities, injuries or illness, see Reasonable accommodation.
Rainbow groups on campus
All professional and academic staff are welcome to join the Rainbow Network for staff. You can opt to attend meetings and have a voice in University decisions, as well as network, or receive emails and keep up-to-date that way. See contacts for LGBTQITakatāpuiMVPFAFF+ staff and student networks.
For social media posts, join the private staff LGBTQITakatāpui+ (Rainbow) Yammer group via the intranet home page.
Faculty rainbow groups are often open to staff and students. Check out yours, with a list of web pages at Faculty rainbow contacts and groups.