Keep the vibes alive by applying to live with your first year hall friends in self-catered residences!
Group applications are open to current 2022 residents who will be in the second year of undergraduate study or above in Semester 1 2023.
Did you move into a first year hall and make tons of new friends with your neighbours? Do you want to keep the vibe alive with more independence next year?
We are happy to now offer group bookings where you and your mates can apply to live together when applications open on Monday 1 August! You will have the option to live in 3-6 bedroom flats and will receive early offers before individual applications. So you can rest easy knowing your housing and social life are sorted next year!
Bonus - By applying as a group, you and your friends will go in the draw to win one of twenty $100 Countdown vouchers! Put it towards your first flat shop or stock up on shared supplies.
What is a group application?
A group application is a way for you and your mates to sort your 2023 accommodation early so you can enjoy a stress-free summer and avoid the flat-hunting crowds! You’ll get to live together in one of our self-catered apartments at Carlaw Park Student Village and continue to enjoy the community, safety and 24/7 support that our UoA Accommodation offers.
Provided all members of your group meet the application deadline and other criteria listed below, you and your group of up to six people will receive an advanced offer in mid-September, prior to our new applicant first round offers in mid-October. Finish the year knowing you have secured your home-away-from-home for 2023!
Please note there is a very limited availability of six-bedroom flats. We recommended applying as a group of up to five people where possible.
Our self-catered residences taking 2023 group applications are:
|Carlaw Park - Nicholls||x||x|
|Carlaw Park - Stanley||x||x||x||x (very limited availability)|
How does it work?
To be considered for a Group Application Advance Offer, all members of your group must:
- Decide on which residence your group wants to apply for - Carlaw Park Stanley or Nicholls. (*please note we will try to offer your preferred residence but cannot guarantee this).
- Decide on a Group Leader – this is the person who will liaise with the Accommodation Solutions team on behalf of your group.
- Have each member’s full name (Preferred First Name, Last Name) and Student ID Number ready – you will all need to enter these in your application.
- Complete a new application online for the chosen residence (select the Undergraduate
accommodation application) for a 42- or 52-week term, by Wednesday 31 August 2022.
- List the same group leader name.
- Enter all other group member details correctly.
All Group Members must meet the following criteria:
- You are a responsible and respectful member of the community. [This will be determined by evaluating any incident reports relating to you]
- You have taken care of your current room and common space. [This will be determined
by any damage charges applied to you alone - it does not include community charges]
- Your current account status and payment history is up to date. [This will be determined by reviewing your account and whether you have met your contract/agreed payments in a timely fashion]
Provided you and all members of your group will continue to be enrolled full time at The University of Auckland in 2023 and meet the above criteria, your group will receive a Group Offer by mid-September (*please note we will try to place you in your preferred residence but cannot guarantee this).
2023 offer acceptance individual process in group application
- If you are made an advanced Group Application offer for 2023, you will be required to accept the new residential agreement online, and once again pay an admin fee ($250) and deposit ($650) for this new residential term session.
- The $650 will be held separate from your current 2022 room account and will be applied to your room account in January 2023.
- To secure your advance offer you will have 10 days to accept the offer in full, otherwise your offer will lapse. Unfortunately, as there will be others waiting on an offer, we cannot extend the time period.
If you have more questions concerning how group applications work, check out the FAQ page!