How to enrol in courses for your undergraduate programme.
Once you have accepted an offer of admission into a programme, you can enrol using Student Services Online.
Choose classes for the course you want to enrol in, add them to your enrolment cart and see how they’ll fit into your timetable.
When you’re ready, you can finish enrolling in one or more courses that are in your cart.
Make sure you enrol before the Enrolment closing dates.
Video tutorial: How to enrol in your courses
Step by step guide : How to enrol in your courses
Step one : Find the class you want
- Sign into Student Services Online
- Click the Enrol button
- Select the term (semester) you want
- Search for a course using:
- Either My programme requirements, to browse courses for your programme
- Or Class Search if you already know the course you need to enrol in.
- Select the course you want and click View all classes on the results table to see the classes offered for that course.
Before selecting a class, click on its name to see more information, such as:
- prerequisites you need and any restrictions that could prevent you enrolling in that class
- course components (lecture, lab, tutorial, workshop)
- campus where it’s taught
- how many points it contributes to your programme (degree, diploma, certificate)
- whether faculty permission is required before you can enrol in it.
Step two : Add the class to your enrolment cart
- Select the class you want.
- You’ll be shown a list of its related classes (such as tutorials, labs, or workshops) if there are any.
- Select a related class that will fit your timetable.
Step three : Fix any clashes in your proposed timetable
- Click to see your proposed timetable.
If you have more than one class on at the same time they’ll show in orange and you won’t be able to finish enrolling.
- There are several things you could try order to fix this:
- Change a tutorial, lab or workshop by clicking the related lecture name and selecting a different tutorial, lab or workshop.
- Delete a class from your enrolment cart and add one that’s on at a better time.
- If you’re already enrolled, you can swap a course for one at a better time, or change your tutorial component. See Changing your enrolment.
For help with enrolment, contact your Faculty Student Centre.
Step four : Validate to check for possible enrolment problems
- Select one or more classes from your enrolment cart.
- Click validate.
The results will either let you know that everything is OK or explain any problems that could prevent you enrolling in a class, such as prerequisites not met.
Step five : Finish enrolling by processing your enrolment cart
- If everything is OK, select classes from your enrolment cart.
- Click the enrol button.
- Confirm your enrolment and accept the terms and conditions. The first time you enrol in each term (semester), you’ll also be asked to select how you intend to pay your fees.
- Click the FINISH ENROLLING button.
- View the result.
If the result shows something that’s preventing you from enrolling in a class, look for a Concessions button below the results. If it’s there, it means you can apply for a concession online where it will be assessed and considered by your faculty. See Applying for an enrolment concession.
Enrolling with Timetable Planner
Timetable Planner can help you with your enrolment if you’re having trouble getting your classes to fit your timetable or need to include breaks for work or study.
You also use it to enrol if your programme uses cohort enrolment, such as:
- Biomedical Science Year 1
- Civil Engineering (Year 2 and 3)
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching - Primary
For a guide of how to use it, see Enrolling with Timetable Planner.