The BDes/LLB (Hons) takes five half-years (11 semesters) if you are studying full-time. You will need to complete 735 points:
- 255 points from BDes courses:
- 165 points BDes core courses
- 90 points from BDes elective courses
- 465 points from LLB/LLB(Hons) courses:
- 45 points Part I
- 360 points Parts II, III, and IV
- 20 points LAWHONS 701–779
- 40 points LAWHONS 789 Dissertation
- 15 points from General Education
In your first year you will need to complete three Stage I core LLB courses, and five Stage I courses from the BDes. If admitted into Law Part II, you will continue to take a mix of Law and Design courses in each of your second, third, fourth and fifth and sixth years. You will also need to include a General Education course.
In your BDes component, alongside design foundation courses and studio practice, you will build your own study plan of six elective courses from our four design themes:
- Design and Local Community Practices
- Design and Global Challenges
- Design and Business
- Design and Emerging Technologies
In your final year, you will undertake a capstone design research project, working from the initial discovery phase right through to testing and implementation.
In your LLB, you will have the choice of a wide range of law elective courses, including Corporate and Commercial, Public, Criminal, International, Family, and Environmental Law.
You will need to enrol in a total of 135 points in your second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth years if you want to complete in 5.5 years (11 semesters). This is a higher load than the standard enrolment of 120 points a year. Alternatively you could enrol in 120 points in five years and 135 points in one year and complete in six years (12 semesters). You need to maintain a Grade Point Average of 3.5 each year to continue with your conjoint.