The BA/BDes usually takes four years to complete.
You will need to complete 540 points, consisting of:
- 255 points from BA courses
- 255 points from BDes courses:
- 165 points from BDes core courses
- 90 points from BDes elective courses
- 15 points from General Education
- 15 points from courses available for any programme
You can choose up to two subjects as your major(s) for the BA component of your conjoint, and would normally take four or five BA courses each year. You can also choose to take up to two modules. To find out more about structuring the BA side of your study, see Planning your BA conjoint.
In your Design component, alongside design foundation courses and studio practice, you will build your own study plan of six elective courses from our four design themes:
- Design and Local Community Practices
- Design and Global Challenges
- Design and Business
- Design and Emerging Technologies
In your final year, you will undertake a capstone design research project, working from the initial discovery phase right through to testing and implementation.
You will probably enrol in nine 15-point courses (135 points) each year if you want to complete in four years. You need to maintain a Grade Point Average of 3.5 each year to continue with your conjoint.