The BDes/BSc usually takes four years to complete.
You will need to complete a total of 540 points, consisting of:
- 255 points from BSc courses
- 255 points from BDes courses:
- 165 points BDes core courses
- 90 points from BDes elective courses
- 15 points from General Education
- 15 points from courses available for any programme
In your Design component, alongside design foundation courses and studio practice, you will build your own study plan of six elective courses from our four design themes:
- Design and Local Community Practices
- Design and Global Challenges
- Design and Business
- Design and Emerging Technologies
In your final year, you will undertake a capstone design research project, working from the initial discovery phase right through to testing and implementation.
Your Science course enrolment will depend on your majors. You can choose up to two subjects as your major(s) for the BSc component of your conjoint.* Each Science major usually has a range of core and elective courses. In your final year, you will undertake a capstone project where you integrate and apply your learning to a real-world problem in your chosen major or specialisation.
You will probably enrol in nine 15-point courses (135 points) each year if you want to complete in four years. You need to maintain a Grade Point Average of 3.5 each year to continue with your conjoint.
*Anthropological Science, Biomedical Science, Food Science and Nutrition, Information Systems and Medicinal Chemistry are not available as majors within a conjoint.