Equity policies and guidelines
We are guided by a number of policy documents and guidelines to ensure fairness in all aspects of employment and education.
- Achieving equity outcomes for all: Equity Policy
- Enabling fair and equitable assessment of a staff member’s achievements: Merit Relative to Opportunity Policy
- Ensuring an inclusive environment for staff with disabilities: Staff with disabilities policy
- Supporting a balance between work, family and personal life responsibilities: Work, Life, Family and Carers Policy
- Providing a framework to support staff and students who experience family or relationship abuse: Family violence policy and guidelines
- Ensuring eligible Māori, Pacific, students with disabilities, students from refugee backgrounds, and students from low socio-economic backgrounds have access to undergraduate study: Undergraduate Targeted Admission Schemes Policy and Procedures (UTAS)
- Supporting the implementation of our Equity Policy: Equity Guidelines
- Babies and Children on Campus Guidelines
- Guidelines for the University of Auckland support for trans students’ legal name change
- Family Violence Prevention and Management Guidelines
- Merit Relative to Opportunity Guidelines
- Parking for staff with family responsibilities Guidelines
- Staff with Disabilities and their Managers Guidelines
- Guidelines to support our Undergraduate Targeted Admission Schemes
- Disclosure of Information
Other relevant policies and guidelines
There are other policies and guidelines, which help ensure our commitment to fairness in employment and education.
- University Academic Timetable Policy
Framework for timetabled teaching in all teaching facilities, including hours of teaching and teaching spaces.
- Flexible Work Policy
Helping staff achieve a balance between their work, family and personal lives.
- Impartial Employment Decision Making Policy and Procedures
Principles that support transparent, fair and impartial decision making by its committees.
- Parental Leave Policy and Procedures
Details on eligibility and application.
- Prevention of Bullying, Harassment and Discrimination Policy and Procedures
To support a safe, inclusive and equitable environment at the University.
- Family violence policy and guidelines
- Inclusive Teaching and Learning Guidelines
To be used in conjunction with our Guidelines for Effective Teaching.
- Prevention of Bullying, Harassment and Discrimination Guidelines
To assist with implementing our policy on preventing bullying, harassment and discrimination.
- Privacy at the University
- Recruitment, induction and appointment policies and procedures
- Did you find what you were looking for? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.