New Zealand Defence Force Law Presentation
On 20 March LTCDR Kelly Ashton (Auckland Alumni) will be speaking to law students at the University.
Kelly holds a legal role in the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) and is coming to discuss the opportunities available to law undergraduates and graduates through service with the NZDF. This represents an excellent chance for anyone who is considering further study in law or is interested in becoming a lawyer in New Zealand to find out more about the varied and professionally rewarding legal work offered by the NZDF.
Some of the topics covered include:
- The areas of practice for Defence Legal Officers
- What a Legal Officer career might look like
- What NZDF is looking for in a Legal Officer
- The myths and realities of joining the NZDF as a Legal Officer
- Remuneration and benefits associated with becoming a Defence Legal Officer
- Planning your future study towards becoming a Legal Officer