You will need to complete 660 points, consisting of:
- 375 points from BAdvSci(Hons) courses
- 255 points from BDes courses:
- 165 core BDes courses
- 90 points elective BDes courses
- 15 points from General Education
- 15 points from courses available for any programme
You need to maintain a Grade Point Average of 5.0 each year to continue with your conjoint.
The BAdvSci(Hons) programme comprises three core courses and courses from your chosen specialisation, including a research project. Your first year should include courses from your chosen specialisation, as well as a core course and other courses in the Science schedules. For the BDes component in your second and third year, you’ll enrol in a range of more advanced courses from your chosen specialisation to add depth to your knowledge. In your final year you’ll enrol in a range of postgraduate-level courses from your specialisation, and you’ll complete your own research project in collaboration with one of our researchers.
In your BDes component, alongside design foundation courses and studio practice, you will build your own study plan of six elective courses from our four design themes:
- Design and Local Community Practices
- Design and Global Challenges
- Design and Business
- Design and Emerging Technologies
In your final year, you will undertake a capstone design research project, working from the initial discovery phase right through to testing and implementation.