Biochemistry and Cell Biology pathway
If you're on this pathway you'll study the structure and function of molecules and how they interact inside cells.
Structuring your pathway
If you choose to take this pathway you must complete the following courses, plus the Biological Sciences capstone course, BIOSCI 399:
- BIOSCI 101 Life! Origins and Mechanisms
- BIOSCI 106 Foundations of Biochemistry
- BIOSCI 108 Biodiversity: Patterns of Life
- BIOSCI 109 Ecology and Evolution: The Continuum of Life
- STATS 101 Introduction to Statistics
15 points from:
15 points from:
- BIOSCI 326 Plant Biotechnology for Crops and Health
- BIOSCI 349 Biomedical Microbiology
- BIOSCI 351 Molecular Genetics
- BIOSCI 355 Genomics and Genome Biology
- BIOSCI 356 Developmental Biology and Cancer
Other Biological Sciences pathways
Biochemistry and Cell Biology not your thing? You can choose to keep your Biological Sciences major general, or you can choose a different pathway. Browse our other Biological Sciences pathways to find one that matches your interests:
You can use our degree planners to help you plan the courses you need to take for your BSc. To find the most up to date Biological Sciences (Biochemistry and Cell Biology pathway) degree planner, go to the Science degree planners page.
Help and advice
Visit your hubs for help and advice on any aspect of your studies and life at University.
The Student Hubs are your physical gateway to Waipapa Taumata Rau | the University of Auckland.
The Student Hubs services are available seven days a week at the City, Grafton, Epsom and Tai Tonga campuses and six days a week at Tai Tokerau, with friendly staff available to provide you with advice on any aspect of your studies and life at the University.