If you’re on this pathway you’ll study the molecular basis of heredity and the role of genes in disease.
Structuring your pathway
If you choose to take this pathway you must complete the following courses, plus the Biological Sciences capstone course, BIOSCI 399:
- BIOSCI 101 Life! Origins and Mechanisms
- BIOSCI 108 Biodiversity: Patterns of Life
- BIOSCI 109 Ecology and Evolution: The Continuum of Life
- STATS 101 Introduction to Statistics
15 points from:
- CHEM 110 Chemistry of the Living World
- CHEM 120 Chemistry of the Material World
- CHEM 150 Concepts in Chemistry
15 points from:
- BIOSCI 322 Evolution of Genes, Populations and Species
- BIOSCI 324 Plant Pathology and Symbiosis
- BIOSCI 326 Plant Biotechnology for Crops and Health
- BIOSCI 347 Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology
- BIOSCI 349 Biomedical Microbiology
- BIOSCI 353 Molecular and Cellular Regulation
- BIOSCI 356 Developmental Biology and Cancer
Other Biological Sciences pathways
Genetics not your thing? You can choose to keep your Biological Sciences major general, or you can choose a different pathway. Browse our other Biological Sciences pathways to find one that matches your interests:
Help and advice
Visit your hubs for help and advice on any aspect of your studies and life at University.
The Student Hubs are your physical gateway to Waipapa Taumata Rau | the University of Auckland.
The Student Hubs services are available seven days a week at the City, Grafton, Epsom and Tai Tonga campuses and six days a week at Tai Tokerau, with friendly staff available to provide you with advice on any aspect of your studies and life at the University.