If you’re on this pathway you’ll study the commercial development of new knowledge and discovery in the biosciences.
Structuring your pathway
If you choose to take this pathway you must complete the following courses, plus the Biological Sciences capstone course, BIOSCI 399*:
- BIOSCI 101 Life! Origins and Mechanisms
- BIOSCI 106 Foundations of Biochemistry
- BIOSCI 108 Biodiversity: Patterns of Life
- BIOSCI 109 Ecology and Evolution: The Continuum of Life
- STATS 101 Introduction to Statistics
15 points from:
- CHEM 110 Chemistry of the Living World
- CHEM 120 Chemistry of the Material World
- CHEM 150 Concepts in Chemistry
- BIOSCI 203 Biochemistry
- BIOSCI 204 Principles of Microbiology
- BIOSCI 220 Quantitative Biology
- INNOVENT 203 The Entrepreneurial Mindset
- SCIGEN 201 Innovating in a Knowledge Society
You can use our degree planners to help you plan the courses you need to take for your BSc. To find the most up to date Biological Science (Biotechnology pathway) degree planner, go to the Science degree planners page.
Other Biological Sciences pathways
Biotechnology not your thing? You can choose to keep your Biological Sciences major general, or choose a different pathway. Browse our other Biological Sciences pathways to find one that matches your interests:
Help and advice
Visit your hubs for help and advice on any aspect of your studies and life at University.
The Student Hubs are your physical gateway to Waipapa Taumata Rau | the University of Auckland.
The Student Hubs services are available seven days a week at the City, Grafton, Epsom and Tai Tonga campuses and six days a week at Tai Tokerau, with friendly staff available to provide you with advice on any aspect of your studies and life at the University.