Plant Biology pathway
If you’re on this pathway you’ll study plants from a molecular, cellular, physiological and biotechnological perspective.
Structuring your pathway
If you choose to take this pathway you must complete the following courses, plus the Biological Sciences capstone course, BIOSCI 399:
- BIOSCI 101 Life! Origins and Mechanisms
- BIOSCI 108 Biodiversity: Patterns of Life
- BIOSCI 109 Ecology and Evolution: The Continuum of Life
- STATS 101 Introduction to Statistics
15 points from:
- BIOSCI 202 Genetics
- BIOSCI 203 Biochemistry
- BIOSCI 204 Principles of Microbiology
- BIOSCI 206 Principles of Ecology
- BIOSCI 324 Plant Pathology and Symbiosis
- BIOSCI 325 Plant Diversity and Function
- BIOSCI 326 Plant Biotechnology for Crops and Health
Other Biological Sciences pathways
Plant Biology not your thing? You can choose to keep your Biological Sciences major general, or you can choose a different pathway. Browse our other Biological Sciences pathways to find one that matches your interests:
You can use our degree planners to help you plan the courses you need to take for your BSc. To find the most up to date Biological Sciences (Plant Biology pathway) degree planner, go to the Science degree planners page.
Help and advice
Visit your hubs for help and advice on any aspect of your studies and life at University.
The Student Hubs are your physical gateway to Waipapa Taumata Rau | the University of Auckland.
The Student Hubs services are available seven days a week at the City, Grafton, Epsom and Tai Tonga campuses and six days a week at Tai Tokerau, with friendly staff available to provide you with advice on any aspect of your studies and life at the University.