If you’re on this pathway you’ll study the anatomy, physiology, evolution and behaviour of animals.
Structuring your pathway
If you choose to take this pathway you must complete the following courses, plus the Biological Sciences capstone course, BIOSCI 399:
- BIOSCI 101 Life! Origins and Mechanisms
- BIOSCI 108 Biodiversity: Patterns of Life
- BIOSCI 109 Ecology and Evolution: The Continuum of Life
- STATS 101 Introduction to Statistics
- BIOSCI 207 Adaptive Form and Function
- BIOSCI 208 Invertebrate Diversity
- BIOSCI 210 Evolution and the Biological Origin of Life
- BIOSCI 220 Quantitative Biology
30 points from:
15 points from:
Other Biological Sciences pathways
Zoology not your thing? You can choose to keep your Biological Sciences major general, or you can choose a different pathway. Browse our other Biological Sciences pathways to find one that matches your interests:
You can use our degree planners to help you plan the courses you need to take for your BSc. To find the most up to date Biological Sciences (Zoology pathway) degree planner, please to go the Science degree planners page.
Help and advice
Visit your hubs for help and advice on any aspect of your studies and life at University.
The Student Hubs are your physical gateway to Waipapa Taumata Rau | the University of Auckland.
The Student Hubs services are available seven days a week at the City, Grafton, Epsom and Tai Tonga campuses and six days a week at Tai Tokerau, with friendly staff available to provide you with advice on any aspect of your studies and life at the University.