Undergraduate study in Education

What can you study in Education?

Students can choose to study Education through:

·       A teaching degree, qualifying you to become a teacher

·       An Arts degree majoring in Education

·       A degree in Physical Education and Health Education

If you want to become a certificated teacher in New Zealand, you should choose the Bachelor of Education (Teaching) where you can specialise in either:

·       Early Childhood Education

·       Primary

·       Huarahi Māori (Māori-medium teaching)

If you would like to gain a broad understanding of Education, how people learn and educational psychology, but are not sure you want to be a teacher, then you can choose a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Education.

Students interested in community health and wellbeing and the role of education helping people become healthy and active can study the Bachelor of Sport, Health and Physical Education.