How to register your interest for UniBound
Register your interest for 2019
About the UniBound Summer programme
UniBound Summer is a free five week academic enrichment programme to prepare Māori and Pacific school leavers for university studies. It is designed to prepare students to achieve at the University of Auckland, and to help them get a fast start within the University.
The five week programme will take place from January 14 – February 15 2019. Registrations are open for all Māori and Pacific students who have shown interest or already applied into a University of Auckland accredited programme. Students who have not yet formally applied to the University will get guidance and assistance to do so.
UniBound Summer runs from 9am-4pm Monday to Friday, with a set field trip or activity day every Friday. The programme content includes:
- Academic preparation in numeracy and literacy
- Learning about Pacific and Maori cultures and knowledge
- Off-campus learning activities—such as field trips to the Marine biology lab, sports days, and intercampus visits
- University 101: getting to grips with study at the University—where and how to do things
- Team building activities and peer mentoring
- Working on projects in tech or culture or research
- A two night overnight stay in University accommodation.
- HOP cards for travel during the 5 week programme.
In addition to this, UniBound Summer is also open to students of Māori and Pacific descent who did not achieve University Entrance or get an offer to the University: they will be considered for a place in UniBound Foundation—part of the Tertiary Foundation Programme (TFC) which is Part 2 of the UniBound programme. Applications to the TFC will be made for relevant students during UniBound Summer. The UniBound team will provide pastoral and academic support during the TFC.
Acceptance into the UniBound Summer programme does not imply that application for admission to any other University programme will be accepted.
Contact us if you are unsure about your eligibility.
Register your interest for UniBound Summer by completing our online form above.
Code of conduct
All participants in the UniBound programme are required to comply with the same rules that apply to the conduct of enrolled students at the University of Auckland. Participants in the UniBound programme are also required to:
- Be courteous and respectful to their peers and instructors
- Be punctual and attend all lectures and activities; where it is not possible for a student to attend a lecture or activity they must report the reason for their absence to the UniBound team
- Provide a medical certificate to the UniBound team for any absence of longer than 3 days
Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct may result in your withdrawal from the UniBound programme.
Placement in the UniBound Programme is not guaranteed.
Once you have registered interest for the UniBound Summer programme, we will email you an official “Offer of a Place”.
The University of Auckland values the privacy of every individual’s personal information and is committed to the protection of personal information. The personal information you provide during the UniBound application process and throughout any subsequent participation in the UniBound programme will be collected and held by the University in accordance with the Admission Privacy Statement.
By proceeding to register your interest in this programme, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions stated in this document.