360 International overview

Broaden your horizons

The 360 International programme provides an opportunity for you to spend a semester or a year of your programme overseas. There are over 130 partner universities in more than 30 countries.

Other international opportunities may include:

  • Field trips
  • Short courses
  • Summer/winter schools
  • Internships
  • Research conferences

Whichever option you choose, you can:

  • Study and live in a different culture
  • Gain international experience
  • Connect to a global network
  • Expand your potential

These experiences can be embedded within your degree without delaying your graduation.

The programme is available to both outbound (Auckland students wishing to be on an exchange) and inbound guest exchange students.

If you are a postgraduate student you may be able to study at an overseas partner university of equal standing and enjoy the benefits of the agreement.

You will pay tuition fees only to the University of Auckland, be eligible for scholarships and bring credits you've earned overseas, home to your degree here.

Who can go?

There is an opportunity for every student. You can check out the list of programmes on the Via TRM system.

For semester-long exchanges, the selection is based on:

  • Your being enrolled at the University of Auckland
  • Your demonstration of academic merit - a minimum of CGPA of 5.0 (B average)
  • The compatability of the proposed programme at the host university with your programme of study at the Faculty of Creative Arts and Industries.
  • Your suitability as a representative of the Faculty, and the University of Auckland. 

When can I go and for how long?

As an Undergraduate Creative Arts and Industries student, your overseas study period is limited to two semesters. This is because only 120 points can be credited to your Bachelor Programme. If you choose to go for a full year while doing a conjoint degree, a maximum of 60 points can be credited towards the Creative Arts and Industries side of your conjoint.

If you are a Postgraduate student, you may only study on exchange for one semester.

Where can I go on exchange?

The University of Auckland has launched an exciting new tool to help you find your perfect overseas programme. You can choose between 130 partner universities in more than 30 countries. Explore your options online and get matched to programmes that suit your degree and personal preferences, language of instruction, courses on offer and available funding. Where will YOU go?

How much will it cost?

Because you will remain enrolled as a University of Auckland student, you will only pay tuition fees here, and not to the host university. You may also still apply for student loans or allowances via StudyLink whilst on your exchange.

Funding and several grants are also available to help you pay for the cost of your overseas study:

  • 360 International Exchange Travel Awards
  • 360 International Special Grant
  • University of Auckland Study Abroad Scholarships (Languages and Literature)
  • Prime Minister's Sholarships for Asia (PMSA) and Prime Minister's Scholarships for Latin America (PMSLA)
  • Individual universities grant and scholarships
  • Kingston University (Architecture scholarship)

For more information, visit 360 International Fees and money matters.

Will I get credit for a course studied abroad?

Yes, upon completion of your exchange studies, 360 International will transfer credit to your University of Auckland academic record. Click here to find out the process.

Credit will be transferred only for courses that have been passed and which you have been approved to take by the Faculty of Creative Arts and Industries at the University of Auckland.

Note that the courses credited will show as a CRD grade and this credit (up to a maximum of 120 points) will not count toward your degree GPA.

Can I change my overseas courses while on exchange?

If you wish to change your course enrolments at the host university, please obtain prior approval by contacting your department's Study Abroad Adviser and forward to the Student Hubs at studentinfo@auckland.ac.nz

Need more information?

Who can I talk to?

If you have a question about 360 International, for example, how to apply, or if you would like an update on your application, please contact the 360 International Office: 360international@auckland.ac.nz

If you would like to discuss academic matters such as your course approval or GPA calculation for your Honours, contact the Student Hubs.


Creative Arts and Industries advisers for student exchange are:

Master of Architecture (Professional):

Manfredo Manfredini: m.manfredini@auckland.ac.nz

Bachelor of Architectural Studies:

Dr Michael Milojevic: m.milojevic@auckland.ac.nz

Bachelor of Fine Arts:

Fiona Jack: f.jack@auckland.ac.nz

Bachelor of Music:

Dr Karen Grylls: k.grylls@auckland.ac.nz

Bachelor of Dance Studies:

Dr Ralph Buck: r.buck@auckland.ac.nz

Bachelor of Urban Planning:

Dr Lee Beattie: l.beattie@auckland.ac.nz


See below for information on studying abroad with each of our faculty's disciplines.