Just a stone’s throw from Queen Street, O'Rorke is home to 366 residents each year.
About the hall
Facility owned and operated by the University of Auckland
O'Rorke Hall is our third largest hall of residence, offering comfortably furnished single rooms in a 'pod' style formation on each floor.
O'Rorke is a short walk to the centre of the city campus and main arterial routes through the city, making access to public transport quick and convenient.
The accommodation management team and Resident Advisers arrange social and recreational events along with academic mentoring and study support sessions throughout the year to help you make friends and settle into student life.
The Resident Manager and Resident Advisers live on site, ensuring there is a duty person available 24 hours a day.
|Hall profile||O'Rorke Hall|
|Student type||First-year high school leavers|
|Students per floor||35|
|RA Ratio||1 : 35|
|Facilities on site||
|Location||16 Mount Street, Auckland Central.|
|Distance to University General Library (Bldg 109)||750m (6 minute walk).|
|Residential Agreement period||
- Every room comes furnished with a bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, noticeboard, bookshelf and towel rail.
- Residents provide their own bedding and linen, or alternatively a bedding pack can be purchased from our online accommodation shop before arrival.
- Meals, electricity, water, University wifi and laundry is included in your weekly fee.
O'Rorke Hall photo gallery
For more information
- See the Accommodation Fees.
- View the Residential Rules.
- Find out the 2023 Residential Agreement dates.