Located at 44 Symonds Street, this beautifully refurbished building is the University's newest accommodation for couples and families.
About the residence
Owned and operated by the University of Auckland
Only a short walk from the centre of the City Campus, Waikohanga House has been newly renovated to accommodate postgraduate couples and small families in comfortably furnished one and two-bedroom apartments.
The Accommodation Management team provides personal support throughout your stay and arrange a number of social and networking opportunities throughout the year.
Our University Accommodation and Security staff work to ensure you have a duty person available 24 hours a day.
|Residence profile||Waikohanga House|
|Student type||Postgraduate Students (Masters or PhD)|
|RA Ratio||1 : 40|
|Guidelines per apartment type||
|Facilities on site||
|Location||44 Symonds Street, Auckland Central|
|Distance to University General Library (Bldg 109)||550m - 7min walk|
|Residential Agreement period||Feb/Feb & July/July: 52 weeks
While there is a limited number of couple and family accommodation, we cannot garuntee the availability of these spaces to offer during each application cycle as this will vary.
- Each apartment comes with bedroom, kitchen and lounge furniture and wireless internet connection.
- Starter kitchen packs are provided in the apartments.
- You will need to provide your own linen and towels, however a linen pack can be purchased from the residence prior to arrival.
- Electricity, water, and University WiFi is included.
|Room type||2023 weekly rate||Features|
|Two-bedroom - family||$540.00||
|Three-bedroom - family||$625.00||
Waikohanga House photo gallery
For more information
- See the Accommodation Fees.
- View the Residential Rules.
- Find out the 2023 Residential Agreement dates.