Getting Started with FlexIT
Important information for COVID-19
A number of software applications have been made temporarily available for installation on your personally-owned computer. If the application you require is available then you should install it locally rather than using FlexIT. The applications are:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (until 6 July 2020)
- Final Draft (18 week free trial)
- FoodWorks for Windows (18 June 2020)
- GraphPad Prism (30 day fully-functional trial)
- IBM SPSS (until 15 June 2020)
- MatLab (permanent work-at-home while a student)
- Rockwell Arena (temporary at Rockwell's discretion)
For more information please check out the information page
Introduction to FlexIT
FlexIT is an online service that gives students access to software applications from any device at any time. As long as you have a computer or supported device that has an internet connection, you will be able to access FlexIT. If you are a staff member you can easily request access through this quick form: Request Access to FlexIT
While we will always aim to make all the software applications on FlexIT available to everyone, in some cases this isn’t possible. There are a small number of applications that are restricted to different people or locations based on our licensing agreement with the manufacturer, such as Adobe Creative Cloud. You will only see the applications that legally you are entitled to use.
For a list of available software, please see the Latest Software list.
For help with FlexIT check the Troubleshooting guide.
If you are overseas and unable to download the VMware Horizon Client using the link above, you can also download them from here: VMware Horizon Clients
Using drives in FlexIT
If you are using an intensive application on FlexIT, it is important that you copy and use files on your University home drive. If you use files saved on your local computer you may find that they are extremely slow to open and process. To copy files to your H: you can login to the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop and use file manager. More instructions
When can I use FlexIT?
FlexIT is available to all enrolled students automatically. Staff can request access by filling in this quick form: Request staff access to FlexIT
1. Download and install the VMware Horizon Client. For more information, please see the client instructions for your device:
2. Login to FlexIT and select any application you would like to use.
3. Setup FlexIT to use your local drives.