Undergraduate study in Green Chemical Science

What can you study in Green Chemical Science?

You can study Green Chemical Science as a specialisation in the Bachelor of Science (BSc) or a Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours).

As a Green Chemical Science student you’ll have an interdisciplinary and highly practical learning experience. You’ll study topics including:

  • Pollution elimination
  • Clean water production
  • Production of materials from renewable feed-stocks
  • Mitigation of global warming
  • Development of renewable energy technologies

As part of your specialisation you’ll complete CHEM 397, the Green Chemical Science capstone course, where you’ll undertake original research in Green Chemical Science and communicate your findings in academic and industry scenarios, in both written and oral forms.  

Structuring your programme

Where can undergraduate study in Green Chemical Science take you?

There’s an increasing number of jobs available in the sustainability science arena. Your specialisation will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to take advantage of these career opportunities, and to contribute to society in a meaningful and informed way.

Jobs related to Green Chemical Science

  • Biochemist
  • Chemist
  • Chemistry technician
  • Environmental consultant
  • Environmental scientist
  • Research chemist
  • Scientific adviser

Further study options

Scholarships and awards

Each year we award scholarships and prizes to thousands of students.

Find out about the scholarships you may be eligible for, search available scholarships or begin an application by visiting Scholarships and awards.

Help and advice

Student Hubs

Visit your hubs for help and advice on any aspect of your studies and life at University.

The Student Hubs are your physical gateway to Waipapa Taumata Rau | the University of Auckland.

The Student Hubs services are available seven days a week at the City, Grafton, Epsom and Tai Tonga campuses and six days a week at Tai Tokerau, with friendly staff available to provide you with advice on any aspect of your studies and life at the University.

Find out more.