Your to-do list
Tick things off our handy checklist and get yourself sorted this semester!
Before you arrive
- You must complete your Diagnostic English Language Needs Assessment (DELNA) at the beginning of your studies. Book now. You can use your own computer or use one of the computer clusters on campus.
- Sort your Campus Card. If you haven't received yours yet, find out what to do on the website.
- Ensure you have access to a device and a stable internet connection so you can stay updated on any changes. If you need support, find out how you can get help.
- If you are looking to purchase a device, please see our device recommendations to support students' studies.
- Download the university app Kāhu - your essential go-to for everyday information and tools.
- Get familiar with mihi whakatau, the official welcome for all new students.
- Plan your trip. There is limited parking on and around campus, so your best bet is public transport, walking, or cycling:
- Attend your faculty orientation session.
- If you were unable to make it Orientation on campus, have a look at the session recordings.
- Get your AT concession card.
- Enrol at Health and Counselling.
- Check out the Sport and Rec Centre.
- Check out Clubs Expo and discover the great range of clubs, societies and associations.
- For a great first week on campus, check out our top ten tips.
- Complete your Academic Integrity course.
- Visit Student Hubs for help and advice on any aspect of your studies and life at University.
- Get started with your Library - it's more than just books!
- Doctoral candidates - book your induction session.