Your to-do list
Tick things off our handy checklist and get yourself sorted this semester!
Before you arrive
- Upload your My Vaccine Pass into the University's Vaccination Declaration Portal.
- Complete your Diagnostic English Language Needs Assessment (DELNA). We encourage you to do this before you start your programme. However, should this not be possible, you can use one of the computer clusters on campus to complete this in your first week of semester.
- Sort your Campus Card. If you haven't received yours yet, find out what to do on the website.
- Ensure you have access to a device and a stable internet connection so you can stay updated on any changes.
- Download the university app Kāhu - your essential go-to for everyday information and tools.
- Get familiar with mihi whakatau, the official welcome for all new students.
- Sign up for a UniGuide. They can help you find your way around campus.
- Plan your trip. There is limited parking on and around campus, so your best bet is public transport, walking, or cycling:
- Take a tour. If you missed out on your UniGuides tour at Orientation, alternative tours will leave from AskAuckland Central, located at Alfred Nathan House.
- Get your AT concession card.
- Enrol at Health and Counselling.
- Check out the Sport and Rec Centre.
- Visit Clubs Expo and discover the great range of clubs, societies and associations.
- For a great first week on campus, check out our top ten tips.
- Complete your Academic Integrity course.
- Visit your faculty student centre and get help creating a degree plan. While you're there, check for the student support services available.
- Doctoral candidates - book your induction session.
- Read up on handling your first set of results.
- If you are struggling, seek academic assistance.
- Explore our wide variety of other support services.
- Doctoral candidates - update your profile in the University Directory.
- Doctoral candidates - we encourage you to attend the morning tea organised for you.