How to apply
Follow the steps below to prepare your application for exchange.
1 July - for exchanges starting in Semester One the following year.
1 December - for exchanges starting in Semester Two the following year
Some universities have only one application deadline per year. These universities will be noted as "December deadline only" in Via TRM.
Step 1: Plan your exchange
- Check your eligibility and timing.
- Visit your faculty student centre and complete a degree planner.
- Check the General Education Exemption with your faculty if applicable.
- Make sure you know which courses you need to meet degree requirements. This will help determine which courses to take while on exchange.
Step 2: Research host universities
- Create a traveller profile in the Via TRM system.
- Research our exchange partners and review relevant partner pages in Via TRM.
- Read through the exchange partner university fact sheets.
- Complete the Host University Preferences and Proposed Courses Form as part of supporting documentation.
Research five universities and list in order of preference on your application. Read through the partner university pages and host university fact sheets, paying close attention to restrictions for particular subject areas as well as enrolment requirements (e.g. language of instruction, course restrictions, years of study, etc.).
Step 3: Submit your application
- Submit your application in Via TRM for the appropriate term under the 360 International Exchange Programme page before the deadline.
- Applications for semester exchanges must all go through the 360 International Exchange Programme page, not individual partner pages. Click on Programmes and View All Travel Programmes to find the 360 International Exchange Programme page.
- Applications will only open two to three months prior to the deadline date.
Step 4: Receive a nomination and apply to the host university
360 International will review and process applications after the deadline has passed. You will be notified four to six weeks after the deadline of your application outcome. If accepted, you will be sent a nomination offer, at which time you will need to:
- Accept or decline your nomination offer, and any awards, by the deadline given
- Attend a nomination session
- Apply to the host university (instructions will be sent after we have nominated you)
- Attend a pre-departure session (in June for Semester Two exchanges, in October for Semester One exchanges)
Step 5: Get courses approved
- Complete the Course Approval form and submit to your faculty for approval as part of supporting documentation.
- Submit the completed Course Approval form to 360 International by the given deadline (1 June for semester two exchanges, 1 November for semester one exchanges).
360 International requires a completed course approval form before you go on exchange. We do not accept course approvals assessed by email, so you must complete the form. If you do not submit this form to us before the given deadline, you may be withdrawn from exchange.
Note: Even if a course is on a faculty pre-approved list, you still need to complete a course approval form and submit it to your faculty for assessment.
Nominations are based primarily on academic merit. Students with a higher cumulative GPA will receive priority consideration. Ensure you have done thorough research and are willing and able to attend any one of your options. We will make every effort to place you at one of your preferred choices, but we cannot guarantee that you will receive a nomination for your first choice.
Applying for two semesters?
Two semesters at one host university: Submit one application indicating two semesters.
Two consecutive semesters at two different universities: Apply for your first semester, then your second exchange in the following application round.
Notes on GPA
Your cumulative GPA is the deciding factor. If you are concerned about not meeting the GPA requirement, please contact 360 International. Applicants may be considered on a case by case basis.