Bachelor of Science (BSc), majoring in Medicinal Chemistry, for students enrolled prior to 2019
Medicinal Chemistry is not available as a major for conjoint degrees.
If you are enrolling for the first time this year, visit Bachelor of Science (BSc) majoring in Medicinal Chemistry.
Some courses offered prior to 2019 may no longer be available. If you began your degree prior to 2019 we strongly recommend you seek advice from the Student Hubs to ensure you are taking the correct courses – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Semester One:
- BIOSCI 101 Essential Biology: From Genomes to Organisms
- BIOSCI 107 Biology from Biomedical Science: Cellular Processes and Development
- CHEM 110 Chemistry of the Living World
- 15 points from: COMPSCI 111 An Introduction to Practical Programming, STATS 101 Introduction to Statistics, PHYSICS 120 Advancing Physics 1, or PHYSICS 160 Physics for the Life Sciences
- Semester Two:
- 90 points:
- At least 15 points from:
- 60 points:
- At least 30 points from:
- CHEM 320 Design and Reactivity of Inorganic Compounds
- CHEM 340 Advanced Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM 350A and 350B Topics in Chemistry
- BIOSCI 349 Biomedical Microbiology
- BIOSCI 350 Protein Structure and Function
- BIOSCI 351 Molecular Genetics
- BIOSCI 353 Molecular and Cellular Regulation
- BIOSCI 354 Gene Expression and Gene Transfer
- BIOSCI 356 Developmental Biology and Cancer
- MEDSCI 206 Principles of Neuroscience
- MEDSCI 305 Systems Pharmacology
- MEDSCI 306 Principles of Toxicology
Help and advice
Visit your hubs for help and advice on any aspect of your studies and life at University.
The Student Hubs are your physical gateway to Waipapa Taumata Rau | the University of Auckland.
The Student Hubs services are available seven days a week at the City, Grafton, Epsom and Tai Tonga campuses and six days a week at Tai Tokerau, with friendly staff available to provide you with advice on any aspect of your studies and life at the University.