Doctoral study in Operations and Supply Chain Management
Why study with us?
- New Zealand’s leading university, ranked 82nd in the QS World University Ranking 2018
- Our Business School is in the 1% of business schools worldwide to hold Triple Crown accreditation from the leading international bodies: AACSB International, EFMD-EQUIS and AMBA
- The most innovative university in New Zealand, ranked 32nd in the Reuters Top 75: Asia’s Most Innovative Universities ranking
- More researchers in business and economics than any other university in New Zealand
Research in Operations and Supply Chain Management is concerned with technologically sophisticated methods of solving business problems related to the delivery of products and services from the manufacturer or provider to the end-customer. Departmental research in this field is closely associated with the Centre for Supply Chain Management.
Our current research covers:
- Operations strategy
- Supply chain management
- Behavioural operations
- Quality control and the optimisation of operations
- Decision-making and interventions in complex systems
- Radio frequency identification in the supply chain in New Zealand
Pursue your topic with us and benefit from exceptional standards of support and supervision from internationally recognised researchers.
Associate Professor Tiru Arthanari: Supply chain management, multivariate measurement systems, information systems and operations management, human decision-making paradigms and gaps in market and economic modelling, scheduling and routing in supply chain management.
Dr Anson Li: Human and artificial decision-making in complex systems.
Dr Leith Oliver: Management competency and development, SME growth, financial management, innovation and entrepreneurship, electronic commerce, enterprise systems, operations strategy and productivity management.
Professor Tava Olsen: Supply chain management, pricing, and inventory control, stochastic models of production, service, and health systems, stochastic games and stochastic control.
Dr Valery Pavlov: Supply chain management and behavioural operations.
Dr Gabrielle Peko: Business process design and supply chain management.
Professor David Robb: Operations and supply chain management in China, effects of lead time and uncertainty in supply chains, inventories in China, management of retail queues and online shopping for perishable items.
Past research topics
- "Adaptive Enterprises: a roadmap, framework, architecture and implementation" | Supervised by Professor Michael Myers
- "Transport capacity improvement in and around ports: A perspective on the empty-container-truck trips problem" | Supervised by Professor Tava Olsen and Associate Professor Tiru Arthanari
- "Service Provision in Online Auctions: Understanding Repurchase Behaviours" | Supervised by Associate Professor Lesley Ann Gardner and Professor Ananth Srinivasan
Scholarships and awards
There are several scholarships you may be eligible for when you decide to pursue your doctoral studies in Operations and Supply Chain Management.
Barry Spicer and Owen G Glenn PhD Scholarship
Phone the University
- 923 7186 (within Auckland)
- 0800 61 62 63 (outside Auckland)
- +64 9 373 7513 (overseas)
Email our student adviser
Eleanor Adeane-Nancarrow: firstname.lastname@example.org