Doctoral study in Operations and Supply Chain Management
Why study with us?
- The QS World University Rankings by Subject (2021) confirmed the University of Auckland Business School as the best place in New Zealand to study Operations and Supply Chain
- New Zealand’s leading university, ranked 81st in the QS World University Ranking 2021
- In the 1% of business schools worldwide to hold Triple Crown accreditation from the leading international bodies: AACSB International, EFMD-EQUIS and AMBA
- The most innovative university in New Zealand, ranked 35th in the Reuters Top 75: Asia’s Most Innovative Universities ranking
- Host to more researchers in business and economics than any other university in New Zealand
Research in Operations and Supply Chain Management is concerned with technologically sophisticated methods of solving business problems related to the delivery of products and services from the manufacturer or provider to the end-customer. Departmental research in this field is closely associated with the Centre for Supply Chain Management.
Particular research areas include: operations and supply chain strategy, behavioural operations, healthcare management, new product development, and management of technology.
You are welcome to propose your own topics of interest or to consult our academics about opportunities to conduct research at our department.
Pursue your topic with us and benefit from exceptional standards of support and supervision from internationally recognised researchers. Our people are based in the Business School's Department of Information Systems and Operations Management and Graduate School of Management.
Dr Jaeseok Lee: Management of technology, knowledge management, sustainable operations management, new product development and innovation, supply chain management
Dr Anson Li: Human and artificial decision-making in complex systems.
Dr Valery Pavlov: Supply chain management and behavioural operations.
Dr Gabrielle Peko: Business process design and supply chain management.
Dr Timofey Shalpegin: Collaborative new product development, game theory applications in supply chain management, early supplier involvement.
Scholarships and awards
There are several scholarships you may be eligible for when you decide to pursue your doctoral studies in Operations and Supply Chain Management.
Phone the University
923 7186 (within Auckland)
0800 61 62 63 (outside Auckland)
+64 9 373 7513 (overseas)