Gear up for Faculty Orientation
It’s nearly time for your Faculty Orientation Day! Check out our tips below to help you get prepared for your first week on campus.
- Download the University's New Student Guide app so you know what to expect from your Faculty Orientation Day.
- Make sure your Campus Card (Student ID) is sorted - if you haven't received yours yet, head to AskAuckland Central or email the Campus Card team.
- Work out how you'll get to uni. There is limited parking on and around campus but your best bet is public transport, walking, or cycling (we have secure bike sheds).
- A top tip from current and former students is to sort out your timetable ASAP - this will help you organise your life! Check out this helpful guide online.
- Get your AT Hop student concession for up to 40% off public transport. The pop-up stall will be on campus for the first two weeks of classes.
- Take a campus tour. Your UniGuide will show you around during your Faculty Orientation Day, but if you miss out or need a refresher, tours will run from AskAuckland Central on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at midday and 2pm next week (commencing Monday 26 February). You can also download the self-guided tour app.
- Enrol at the on-campus doctors for access to seriously low-cost medical services.
- Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat (@SnapUoA) to stay in the loop with events, activities and opportunities on campus.
- Check out the cafes and shops on campus - if you're looking for a cheap lunch, most cafes on campus offer a 'Budgie Meal' for $6.50 or less.
- New to Auckland? Check out some of the awesome things you can do in the city.