Solicitor Role in Community Law
5 March 2019
Solicitor Role at ADL
Are you a lawyer looking for a change?
Do you want to make a difference in a supportive community setting?
Auckland Disability Law (ADL) has an exciting opportunity for you to make your mark in our new Solicitor role.
The Solicitor delivers disability related legal services to ADL’s clients and undertakes activities within the disability community and legal sector. The role will:
- Provide casework services to disabled people
- Undertake legal education work
- Contribute to ADL’s law reform programme and legal information projects.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A legal qualification with one to five years’ experience in law.
- Experience of working with disabled clients, and/or knowledge of the Disability and Deaf communities, cultures and issues.
- A strong commitment to, and strategic understanding of, social justice issues, with an interest in working in the areas of disability and human rights.
- Demonstrated experience of client advocacy.
- Well-developed planning, problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
- Hold or be eligible to hold a current practicing certificate.
ADL’s Solicitor role is a permanent full-time position. We do welcome applications from candidates who wish to discuss with us a job share arrangement. This role has a national focus as well as works across the Auckland region. Our offices are based in Mangere Town Centre, in Auckland.
ADL is a community law centre (CLC). We are the only CLC in Aotearoa New Zealand which solely works with disabled people and the disability community around disability related legal issues.
The Solicitor job description can be obtained from Preetha Suresh 09-257-5140 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply for the Solicitor role is in the job description. Send your application to Sue Plowman at email@example.com or Auckland Disability Law PO Box 43-201, Mangere, Auckland.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 22 March 2019.