Postgraduate research options
Read about our research-based qualifications and how research can be included in your degree.
There are several ways to conduct research for your postgraduate degree at Auckland Law School.
- Student research conducted under a supervision in the form of a thesis, dissertation and directed study is credited to a formal qualification.
- The PhD is a research-only based qualification.
- The LLM, MTaxS and MLS can incorporate a research component in addition to taught courses.
- Students may enrol into a 30 point dissertation under the PGCertLaw. See for more info PGCertLaw.
Read about our research-based qualifications and discover how research can be included in your degree:
Academic staff specialisations
Individual academic staff members can supervise students in their area of expertise.
- Access academic research clusters
- View a list of academic staff and the areas which they offer research supervision
- Research centres