Enhanced Induction and Mentoring Programme
The Enhanced Induction and Mentoring Programme is a free programme available for newly qualified teachers who completed their initial teacher education programme in New Zealand in 2020 or 2021.
Poipoia te kakano kia puawai
Nurture the seed and it will blossom
Many programmes used a reduction in practical experience requirement due to COVID-19 lockdowns. To support these teachers in their first year of teaching, this programme will give first year teachers extra mentoring. A local university-based teaching mentor will be assigned to you.
You can enrol into this programme if:
- You are a registered teacher employed in a long-term teaching role in New Zealand in 2021 or 2022
- You completed your teacher education in 2020 or 2021
- Your initial teacher education programme used a temporary reduction in practical experience
Your university-based mentor will:
- Visit you at your school/centre for two half-days.
- Have two meetings with you and your work-based mentor focusing on supporting your professional growth, goals and reflections.
This free programme is available throughout New Zealand. You can be enrolled in this programme even if you are enrolled in a Kohia PCT programme or University of Otago PCT professional development.
Please read the frequently asked questions here:
If you’re not sure you’re eligible or have further questions, please call Teaching Council on (04) 471 0852.