Find out about paper-based and electronic assignments, coversheets, drop-off locations, requests for extensions, special consideration and more.
- Lecturers will advise how students are to submit assignments.
- Most assignments can be electronically submitted via the Learning Management System, Canvas. If you are unable to electronically upload your assignment please come and speak with the assignment centre prior to the submission date.
- Non-electronic submissions can be delivered and collected from the designated on-campus locations. These must be submitted with the cover sheet available to download via the cover sheet link on your Canvas course site.
- Students are advised via email when non-electronically submitted assignments are available to collect from the assignment centre.
- All non-electronic assignments are handed in at the campus where you attend the course (unless your lecturer advises otherwise).
- Submission time for undergraduate assignments is 12.30pm, and for postgraduate is 4.30pm.
Assessing Te Reo Māori in coursework and examinations
The University endorses the right of its students with an appropriate level of language fluency to use Te Reo Māori in assessment both for coursework and examinations.
Assignment drop off locations
- Epsom Campus: Between 9.30am and 4.30pm on normal working days, please put your assignments in the assignment drop-off box behind the Education and Social Work Student Centre enquiries desk in A100-C2A. After hours please put your assignments in the drop box at the entrance to A Block reception.
- City Campus: The drop box for Liberal Arts courses is on Level 1, 15 Wynyard Street 8.30am – 7pm during semester time. During semester breaks the hours are 8.30am–5pm.
- Tai Tokerau Campus: ICT Suite foyer 8.15am–4.15pm.
- Manukau Campus: Programme office NQ227 7.30am – 9pm (and until 4pm Saturdays)
Coursework information for students
- Faculty students across all campuses will generate their own individual cover sheets for each assignment. The cover sheet can be downloaded via Canvas by clicking on the cover sheet link located in the left-hand navigation bar of your Canvas course site.
- Every cover sheet will contain a unique QR code which is scanned upon submission.
- It is very important that you use your personalised cover sheet. If you use a cover sheet generated by another student your assignment will be considered unsubmitted.
If you have questions, contact email@example.com.
- You will be notified at the beginning of your course if you need to submit your assignments electronically.
- All electronically submitted assignments must be uploaded to an assignment dropbox on Canvas, or Turnitin, as assigned by your lecturer.
- Your course director will advise how your assignment is to be uploaded and how to access your marked script.
- No cover sheet is required.