Arts Majors Week
If you are nearing the end of your first year of study, 25–26 September is the time to confirm your majors.
It's time to confirm your majors
If you are in your first year of study in a BA or BA conjoint, now is the time of year to confirm your majors. This is an important step to ensure you graduate on time with the majors of your choice.
Visit Student Services Online to complete the task under the 'To Do' tile. You can also change your majors and consider a module within this task.
If you're unsure about your options or what subjects might be right for you, our Undergraduate Advisers will be available for appointments to offer advice on specific majors on September 25 and 26 in the Arts Students' Centre.
You can also make an appointment with staff from the Arts Students' Centre during this time to talk about how to plan and structure your degree.
How to confirm your majors
- Log into Student Services Online.
- In your SSO dashboard, you'll see an incomplete task in your 'To Do' list.
- To complete this item, you need to choose one of the following options:
- I confirm my current Majors/Specialisation
- I want to change my Major/s
- I am undecided/unsure about how to structure my degree
- You will then see the invitation to Arts Majors Week and links to book appointments with an Undergraduate or Academic Adviser.
- Make sure you click through to step 3 to confirm your responses and complete the task.
If you want to change your majors after you've confirmed them during Arts Majors Week, you will be able to do so using 'My Study Options' on Student Services Online. Before you do so, you should contact the Arts Students' Centre for an up to date degree planner to ensure your programme of study will remain on track.
If you can't make our Arts Majors Week event, our staff at the Arts Students' Centre are available for appointments at any time and are happy to help.