How to book travel for your doctoral study through Orbit.
How to make a travel booking
- Go to the Travel Platform.
- Click on 'Profiles' on the left menu to check your profile details are correct, including your primary business unit/department (do this before you arrange your first travel booking).
- Click on 'Request' > 'New request', then fill in the template to request your booking. This request is sent to Orbit who will then provide you with travel options.
- For detailed instructions on how to request a booking, read the user guides (accessed via 'Policy info' > 'User guides' on the menu to the left).
- Once you get final confirmation from Orbit, submit that to the Staff Service Centre.
- Service: Shared Transaction Centre (STC)
- Topic: Request to purchase
- Sub-topic: Travel
- Sub-topic: Travel Request
- Press continue.
- Enter these details:
- Booking number (found in the booking confirmation)
- Cost centre to be charged: 9442 for PreSS account
- Project code: Enter your username
- Account code: 312771 for an international conference, 312772 for a domestic conference, 312773 for an international field trip, and 312774 for a domestic field trip
- Department/Faculty: Arts
- Is the delegated approver also the approver?: Write no
- Physical address: Your address
- Details section: Request STC to process your travel booking
- Attach the confirmed itinerary provided by Orbit, and any other supporting emails or documents. If you are booking this travel from your PReSS account, then also attach your supervisor's approval.
- Press submit.
- You can also request a quote from Orbit via email or phone.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +64 9 355 7585