Study abroad in Chinese
Interested in advancing your Chinese and learning more about the culture? Take a study abroad course and make it a reality.
To be eligible for CHINESE 178, 277, 278, 377 and 378, you must have at least one semester of Chinese language study at the University of Auckland.
Preference will be given to those majoring in Chinese or those who plan to continue studying Chinese.
- To be eligible for CHINESE 178, you must have a minimum B grade in CHINESE 100 or CHINESE 100G.
- To be eligible for CHINESE 277, you must have a minimum B grade in CHINESE 101.
- To be eligible for CHINESE 278, you must have completed CHINESE 277.
- To be eligible for CHINESE 377, you must have a minimum B grade in CHINESE 201.
- To be eligible for CHINESE 378, you must have completed CHINESE 377.
Recommended language and culture course
Our recommended Chinese study abroad course takes place during Summer School. You can find out about the programme and apply in ViaTRM under 'Language Study Abroad - Chinese'.
- You are required to sit an assessment on your return to gain a grade and 15 points for the course.
- Please make sure that you upload all marked assignments and tests to your CANVAS course.
- Note: Official notification of overall result and proof attendance may be sent to the course coordinator directly from the institution.
- Your course coordinator will advise you on the assessment details. If you have any questions, please contact your course coordinator.
Immediately on return
Sit the pre-scheduled assessment test in Auckland and submit any other documentation from the overseas institute which cannot be uploaded on the CANVAS course to the course coordinator. Failure to do so will result in not receiving a grade for this course.