Become a Student Ambassador
Join our group of young volunteers and leaders dedicated to supporting and representing the Faculty of Education and Social Work.
Student Ambassadors volunteer to help with University and faculty events such as Open Day, Experience Day and Orientation Week. It's a role open to all currently enrolled students at the University of Auckland. It’s a great opportunity to build your leadership skills and learn about how our events are run, as well as being the face of the faculty.
What does a Student Ambassador do?
As a Student Ambassador for the Faculty of Education and Social Work, you will:
- Assist with registrations, promotions and other event-related tasks
- Lead small groups of prospective students on campus tours
- Answer queries about student life, including sharing your own experiences as a student and any support services or facilities you have found helpful
What are the benefits of being an EDSW Student Ambassador?
- Gain University volunteer experience to add to your CV
- Receive a letter of recognition from the Dean of Education and Social Work at the end of the year for significant volunteer work rendered
- A chance to have a head-shot photo of you (taken by our staff photographer) that you could use for your professional profile
- Get a chance to learn about how University and faculty events are run by our events team(s)
- Make new friends and connect with other students at the University
- Be provided with a faculty-branded T-shirt and some cool merchandise (subject to availability). Open Day volunteers will be provided with lunch and a gift voucher.
Join the EDSW ambassador team now!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details: your full name, phone number, email address and the Education, Social Work or SHPE programme you're studying and we will get in touch with you. Please note this role is only available to current students of the Faculty of Education and Social Work.