Environmental Law courses
NZCEL coordinates an extensive environmental law programme.
The undergraduate programme offers regular environmental law courses.
For details see our elective courses.
The postgraduate programme offers specialised degrees including:
- PhD (Environmental Law)
- LLM (Environmental Law)
- MLS (Environmental Law) available to students who do not have an undergraduate law degree.
Full details can be found in the Postgraduate Prospectus.
Prospective PhD students are advised that NZCEL members are particularly interested in supervising research in the following areas:
- Governance of the global commons,
- Constitutional frameworks for sustainable development,
- Ecological legal theory and methodology of environmental law,
- Comparative environmental law,
- Renewable energy law and policy,
- Environmental enforcement,
- Natural resources law and policy,
- Resource Management law and policy.
If you are interested in PhD research please contact our postgraduate student adviser.