Vision and plans
Read our strategic plans for an exciting future.
The Faculty of Creative Arts and Industries is committed to:
- being a national centre of excellence and innovation in contemporary creative arts and industries research
- advancing excellence in education and practice in each of the disciplines represented
- developing synergies that are inspired by and respond to the unique cultural heritage, people, environment and international positioning of Aotearoa/New Zealand.
To achieve this vision, we are continuously working towards:
- building local, national and international presence through innovative collaborations and partnerships
- supporting excellence and relevance in teaching and learning
- supporting innovative research and creative practice that extend the boundaries of
- knowledge, are peer reviewed and publicly reported
- identifying and attracting the finest creative talent in a diverse and engaged student body
- maintaining and further developing excellent academic and general staff profiles
- striving for excellence in resource procurement and management, and maintaining high quality support services.
Two pan-faculty themes
The entire faculty works with two related themes – The Scholarship of Studio Teaching and Drawing and Inscriptive Practice. The faculty’s Performance-Based Research Funding allocation and a successful Hood Fellowship application are supporting these initiatives.