When looking at what courses you want to enrol in, it is important you understand the requirements of your degree and what is being offered for that year.
My Programme Requirements
My Programme Requirements is an important tool in Student Services Online designed to tell you about your degree structure, what you have done, what you need to do, and what courses you can do.
My Programme Requirements helps you find out:
- What courses you need to enrol in as part of your degree.
- What courses you have already completed and how these fit within your degree.
- What courses you are currently enrolled into and how they fit within your degree.
- Your overall progress towards completion of your degree.
- Any exceptions you may have had added to your record.
A degree page also has information on the general programme structure, and many include a visual sample guide for reference and this is useful in setting out your courses.
You can also use Timetable Planner to help organise your semester enrolments to avoid any timetable clashes, and this is especially useful for conjoint students.
Planning your enrolments
We recommend you follow these steps to plan your course enrolments:
- Open your My Programme Requirements report
- Open another browser window or tab and check out our courses using our courses and enrolment information
- Map out your enrolments across Semester One and Semester Two
- Make sure the courses count towards your degree and you are eligible to enrol in them
- Choose your electives (if relevant to you)
- Enrol online
For many degrees you can see a sample enrolment structure on the programme page and this can be a useful visual guide in addition to the above steps.
If this is your first year of enrolling into a Bachelor of Music or BMus conjoint, then check out our First Year of Music guidance page for details about your degree requirements.
Creative Arts and Industries courses
In each subject area, you will find the following course information:
- Course prescription (a short explanation about the course)
- What semester the course is available
- Restrictions on enrolment (whether you are eligible to enrol based on your degree programme or plan)
- Prerequisite courses (courses you must have completed before you can enrol)
- Notes about special requirements for enrolment, for example music auditions
- Identification of double-semester courses and why these are different to standard courses
Need some help?
Contact our Student Hubs team by phone or email, or book an appointment for one-on-one enrolment advice.