Study abroad with Dance

Complete part of your degree while earning credits towards your University of Auckland degree. You can study for one or two semesters, or take advantage of shorter opportunities such as Summer School.

Dance Studies

When to go

The best time to go on exchange with the BDanceSt is either Semester One or Semester Two of your second year.

Where to go

Semester exchange participants can choose from over 130 partner universities across more than 30 countries. Please be sure to check the host university fact sheets and relevant exchange/study abroad sections of the host university website to ensure suitable courses are available for your major(s) and/or subject area(s) of interests at any of your preferred partner universities. When researching potential host universities, be sure to check that your preferred courses are:

  • open to exchange students
  • likely to be on offer in the appropriate semester
  • and aligned with open spaces in your degree

Where have previous Dance students gone to on their exchange

  • Kingston University, London, United Kingdom
  • Simon Fraser University, Canada
  • University of Roehampton, London, United Kingdom
  • University of the Arts Helsinki, Finland (PG only)

Previously approved courses

Please click below to see previously approved courses for students studying Dance at exchange universities.

Disclaimer: Please note that you may only use this list as a guide for researching potential courses for your exchange.

What you need to do

Please check on the host university’s course catalogue that the course/s are still offered in the semester you are intending to go on exchange. If the upcoming year’s course catalogue is not available, refer to the current or past course catalogues. Courses may be more likely, but not guaranteed, to be offered in the same semester in the following year.

Your courses need to be signed off by both the department adviser and the faculty. Once your Course Approval Form has been signed off by the department, provide your form to the Student Hubs for faculty approval from the Programme Adviser.

There may be other courses also available not listed here, but you need to check with the School before you go to ensure courses are approved by the department and faculty.

Where to go to get course info

You need to visit the website of the university you are interested in going to on your exchange.

Who to contact