Access to Creative Arts and Industries buildings and facilities is available to enrolled students, read on for opening hours across the faculty.
Updated Thursday 14 April 2022
The Creative Arts and Industries facilities listed below are open to currently enrolled students with a Campus Card.
Do NOT come on to campus if...
You have a fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, or loss or change in sense of taste or smell – however mild.
When on and moving about on any University of Auckland campus
Face masks are not required on campus under Orange (indoors or outdoors) except for areas that are separately mandated, such as pharmacies, health and disability services and retail outlets. More about this in Masks on campus.
Health and safety requirements
All students accessing Creative Arts and Industries facilities must adhere to these health and safety requirements:
- Anyone who is unwell, self-isolating, or who has been advised by health authorities to remain at home while they wait for their Covid-19 test results must stay at home.
- We recommend the use of disposable surgical masks or similar unless the risk assessment for the work you are doing specifies a different type of mask.
- Use hand sanitiser when you enter and exit the buildings.
- Follow the instructions of our staff who are there to help you.
Staff will be monitoring the facilities to ensure compliance with the Orange health and safety guidance.
Building opening hours
All external doors will lock automatically at 5.30 pm and you will require a valid Campus Card to enter.
Students, please carry your Campus Card with you at all times.
Monday to Sunday including public holidays, 7.30am - 11pm
- Architecture spaces in Building 409
- Architecture and Planning Building 421-E and 421-W
- Architecture acoustics wing in Building 422
- Design Building 402
- Design postgraduate study space in Building 423, Level 2
- Music Annexe Building 206
- Music Building 250
- Music Kenneth Myers Centre Building 820
- Elam Main Building 431
- Elam Building 432
- Elam Mondrian Building 433
- Urban Planning Studio in Building 421
- Urban Planning Studio in Building 432
Monday to Sunday including public holidays, 7.30am - 8pm
- Dance Studies Building 113
- Dance Studies studio in the Kenneth Myers Centre Building 820, Level 2
Fisher Building 804
- Undergraduate hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5pm
- Postgraduate hours: Monday to Sunday, including public holidays, 7.30am - 11pm
Workshop opening hours
Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm
- Woodwork 421E-129
- Metalwork 421E-137
- CNC milling 421E-127
- Design Fabrication Lab 402-340
- Design Digital Lab 402-344
- Woodwork 433-105
- Printmaking 433-401
- Metalwork 433-131
- Ceramics/casting 433-114
- Photography 431-208
- Moving Image and Equipment Loan-out 433-308
Architecture and Planning technical team
Digital Research Hub (DRH)
Technical Team Leader: Zane Egginton
Technician: Scott Facer
Technician: Adam Turnbull
Technician: Sharon Fitness
CNC milling 421E-127
Technician: Vincent Lardeux
Design technical team
Design Technical Support
Fabrication Lab 402-340
Senior Technician: Jamie Coombe
Technician: Steve Hind
Design Digital Lab 402-344
Technician: Peter Vosper
Fine Arts technical team
Technical Team Leader: Kenneth Murgitroyd
Senior Technician: Steve Lovett
Technician: Robyn Walton
Technician: Franca Bertani
Digital Support Team
Technician: Marco Hidalgo
Moving Image and Equipment Loan-out 433-308
Technician: Tracey (Zixuan) Guo
Design/Print Only remote support is available under Red Level
Technician: Amanda Wright
Music and Dance technical team
Music Technical Support
Music and Dance 250-1M02
Technician: Sean Curham
Technician: Theo Gibson
Music and Dance 820-132
Technician: John Kim