Building hours at Alert Level 2
Access to Creative Arts and Industries buildings is restricted at Covid-19 Alert Level 2. Read on for building opening hours and health and safety requirements.
Updated Saturday 6 March 2021
The University will deliver teaching via online learning mode for a one-week period from Monday 8 March until Friday 12 March, when it will be reviewed in line with the next Government Alert Level announcement. Some exemptions exist for essential teaching activities and study spaces – please check your Canvas course pages regularly for updates.
The Creative Arts and Industries Student Centre and workshop facilities listed below are open to students. All other Creative Arts and Industries spaces have restricted access for authorised students only. Please check your Canvas course pages regularly for updates.
Health and Safety requirements
All students accessing Creative Arts and Industries facilities must adhere to these Health and Safety requirements:
- Use the Government’s NZ COVID Tracer app with Bluetooth turned on, when on and moving about campus.
- Keep a 1 metre distance from others.
- Sanitise your workspace and equipment as directed by our staff.
- Use hand sanitiser and wash your hands frequently.
- Face covering is encouraged on campus.
- Follow the standard health and safety protocols for each specialist area.
- Do not come onto campus if you are unwell.
Restricted workshop access
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
Architecture and Planning Building 421-E
Technician: Sharon Fitness
Technician: Scott Facer
CNC milling 421E-127
Technician: Vincent Lardeux
Creative Print (Large format printing)
Technician: Vicki Ormond
Design Building 402
Fabrication lab 402-340
Technician: Jamie Coombe
Digital lab 402-344
Technician: Peter Vosper
Elam Main Building 431
Photography 431-208, 431-218, 431-208, 431-218, 431-221, 431-222, 431-217B
Only one student per darkroom (via managed access)
Christopher Young (current)
Marco Hidalgo (from 11 March)
Elam Mondrian Building 433
Technician: Kenneth Murgitroyd
Technician: Robyn Walton
Ceramics/casting 433-114, 433-120, 433-136, 431-113
Technician: Franca Bertani
Paint booth. Only one student permitted at a time. 433-121
Technician: Please see Robyn or Franca located on level 1 for assistance.
Moving image/equipment loan 433-308
Technician: Tracey Guo
Printmaking 433-401, 433-404, 433-411, 433-421, 433-432, 433-441
Technician: Steve Lovett
Design/print. On-site support is only available on request. Please contact the technician.
Technician: Amanda Wright
- All students must adhere to the health and safety requirements detailed above.
- Safe levels of student numbers in spaces and social distancing rules will be carefully managed by staff. We may need to limit access or implement a booking and/or priority system, if necessary.