A short list of relevant research being undertaken by members of the group and organisations we collaborate with.
- Effects of teacher expectations on the learning opportunities provided to students and the impact on long-term student outcomes.
- Relations between particular patterns of classroom talk and student learning, and ways of using discussion and dialogue to optimize student learning
- School improvement research on the attitudes, motivation, aspirations and role models of diverse students in New Zealand schools
- Cross-cultural research on the impact of assessment policies and practices on student and teacher beliefs and behaviours
- Statistical software for evaluating multiple-choice tests so instructors can improve their tests and set defensible grade standards
- School-age educational effects of neo-natal medical random control trials